The end of the socialism
＊ This sentence is a republishing one that was written on December 13, 2013. During these days, Mr. Liu Xiaobo has been passed away on July 13, 2017, and the situations of society also changed. The article itself is old, too. However, the content which I write and I’m asking here is not changing. Human’s history will let the military and political tensions which are being made in Far East Asia into the past events. We have responsibilities to make this great flow of human’s history. Therefore, this is its message.
In addition, I sincerely would be praying to the soul of Mr. Liu Xiaobo.
A. The fact of the history
- Today, it becomes the document to describe the fact of the history.
- There are populations of 1.3 billion in the People’s Republic of China. And within of them, 85 million people are Communist Party members. And, the people of the Communist party have consciousness as the leader in the nation, and every day, they are thinking of the way how the nation and society that correspond with the role of each person should be, and they are doing the duties that were decided as the Party. I would say plainly the fact in front of the people of this Chinese Communist Party. In China, the role of the Chinese Communist Party as a party of one-party dictatorship came to an end. And, in the world, the curtain of a magnificent experiment of the history called the socialism would be closed by the end of the role as the instructive political party of one-party dictatorship of this Chinese Communist Party in China.
- This is not to say anything talking large. When I think about the one which Marx had been thinking, and consider what a human being is, and trace the footprint which the nation which calls itself socialism showed in the history, it leads to this conclusion logically. I am only trying to write it down merely. In addition, this short sentence is also written for the Chinese people and the people who have expectation to the word of “socialism” and have a longing to the word “socialism”.
- Needless to say, the socialism to say here is the one that Marx and Engels had submitted in the 19th century. And, its way of thinking and realization are as follows.
That is, it says that the human beings let the society’s system which the human beings produce their society from the capital (private ownership) system which is established by admitting the equality of personal ownership and the equality of individual personality under the law as the basic units of society change to the social (society possession) system which the land and the means of production change to the society possession and thereby the society changes into the system of production which individual personality and the ownership of the individual receives restrictions by the law.
- At first, please compare the contents of each description which is writing above about “the capital (private ownership) system” and “the social (society possession) system”.
A） The capital (private ownership) system : It is the form of production and society and it is established by admitting the equality of private ownership and the equality of individual personality under the law as the basic units of society. (Marx started from admitting this).
B) The social (society possession) system : It changes the land and the means of production to the society possession, and thereby the society changes into the system of production which individual personality and the ownership of the individual receives restrictions by the law. (I write only a conclusion. This is the society which Marx submitted. There is a utopia society beyond this. However, after all, it is stopping to utopia. For the human beings, I think everyone can understand that the society of “B” makes the worsened society than the society of “A”, clearly. Then if adding more to write, this is the truth of Marxism, and this is the limits that Marxism has.)
- “A” is society of the liberalism countries. Of course, this is principle, and there is a lot of contradiction in this society, too. The people who are going to suck the sweet juice which flock to around the policy-makers, and the policy-makers who are going to get a status and some profit from these people, and so on, exist in many areas. And these are not rare ones. However, the people of this society activate the check function to the injustice, and try to keep a clean society. And, the society which the people of this society always aspire to be is the society which is being raised the flag of “the humanism and public” more higher. And societies have been heading toward here.
7. “B” is the society which the current People’s Republic of China traced. The degree of freedom of the human being is different from the people of the free various countries. The ones which the people in the socialism society receive by making this degree of freedom sacrifice are abundant distributions. However, the people of the People’s Republic of China of today, lacks even the equality of distribution. (If this word of “equality” is too general, we can use the word “balance of welfare that the gap is less”.)
- Overseas media such as Reuters and the New York Times are reporting the accumulated property (moneymaking) of Chinese national leaders.
- The causes which allow such accumulation of wealth exist in the national structure of the People’s Republic of China. In other words, under the power structure of the one-party dictatorship of the Communist Party and the structure that each class governments are an administrative organization and also are a business entity, the government officials of the executive branch can choose freely a company that accepts the projects that they are planning out. Then, when the elected company is one’s relative, as for the profit, it is saved in one’s vicinity. This can be done similarly even if a company is not a relative. There is no room to do the checking function here.
- However, ‘the People’s Net’ on December 17, 2012 tells us that the following remarks were made at the economic forum of the People’s Republic of China (“China’s Structural Adjustment Forum”). People recognize that reform is necessary.
①. Segregation of responsibility of business entity and administrative organization
②. Segregation of responsibility of government administrator and nation-owned assets administrator
③. Segregation of government and business entity
④. In economic activity, the government must not serve as both “player” and “referee”.
⑤. Put out hands only when necessary. It must also be cautious when hands put out.
- The land of the People’s Republic of China is the public ownership system. It thinks that the means of production can be classified like a national-ownership, village-ownership, and group-ownership, but also, if each form can be considered the form of ownership of the various business entities that procure the means of production operation of them, it can say that this is the same as the possession system of the capitalism countries. The basics of the income are the achievement-based principle. And the People’s Republic of China, by the introduction of a private company by the economic reform and opening up, has adopted in their country foreign companies (technology and fund) which can carry out their economic policies that they planned. As a result, the society greatly developed.
- Here, I ask myself about one problem. It is a question that “People’s Republic of China is the socialism nation, or not?” The conclusion is no. This question becomes important when thinking about human history. And it reaches one conclusion that socialism has come to an end.
- The possessions and the distributions of the People’s Republic of China are not it of the socialism already. However, at the same time, it can say that such an example which we can see in the moneymaking news by the families of national leaders who are reported occurs, because Chinese society holds residuum of the socialism called the one-party dictatorship of the Chinese Communist Party,
- In other words, the People’s Republic of China is, as they are saying, “the socialism market economic nation”, and despite the economy accomplished conversion to the market economy by reform and opening up, it can says that they are holding residuum of the socialism. Well, where can we find the socialism in their country? At first, the public ownership system of the land corresponds to it. (Here, it calls the public ownership the ones which include nation ownership, group ownership.) Secondly, it is the rule system of the one-party dictatorship by the Chinese Communist Party which is indeed nothing but the negative part of the socialism.
- The people in China move forward to reform of the parts of this negative from now. Already, there are people who are going ahead to its duty, as we know. And if it says by the expression that Chinese people will be easy to understand why the reform is necessary, there are various contradictions that is hard to solve between the people of modern China and the reign mechanism which suppress the people by the power of one-party dictatorship of the Chinese Communist Party which are inherent in, and for its resolution, the people’s wisdom and the political system that solve contradictions by the party politics of the two parties or more and the democracy by the parliamentary are necessary. This is its reason.
- As can be seen from their “The communique of the Third Plenary Meeting of the 18th Central Committee”, the people of Chinese Communist Party will stick to the word “socialism”. Because, surely, in the word of this “socialism” holds “the residuum of the socialism = the politics of one-party dictatorship by the Communist Party” that is the reason which they are them. They have developed China’s society and economy so far. But, by this reason which Chinese society has developed so far, this political system has finished its role. Toward political party politics by political parties of two or more which are on the equality with each other, and take responsibility for China and world people together, China must open the way.
B. the vision of the new China
- The vision of new China is the problem of the people in China. In China, already, the zero-eight charter exists. The people of reformists who carry forward the new citizen (public citizen) movement, the human rights activity and the constitution movement exist. The people of the China Democratic Party exist. The innumerable people who demand their rights to the government, and who demand the recovery of the loss that they lost to the government exist. The people of Tibet and Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region are seeking independence. And there are the people of the reformist in the Chinese Communist Party. The vision of new China will be pictured by these people. We wish next things. ①. It’s that the new China is the peaceful nation of “mutual benefit ・ peace”, ②. It’s that their Idea is the same one which “the society is raising higher the flag of public, humanism and freedom” which the liberalism nations are aiming.
- About handling of the land
A) The considerable prudence is necessary to handle the land which is made the public land at present. In modern China, wealth is unevenly distributed. Foreign capital will also participate. In case of the co-ownership land in the farm village area, after each land becomes private land, if the land of small landowners will be taken up exclusively, the relationship like an old-time peasants and landowners occurs, its situations will become worsening than before. Also, as for the distribution of city areas, the section that performs it has the possibility to become the den of the rights of benefit. The person who tries to get an enormous fortune by reselling obtained land, surely, will also appear. If such a situation occurs, the reform becomes to naught, the gap between the rich and the poor and have-nots and those who have, has the possibility to become more than now. This gap comes to be fastened by the ownership. When such a situation comes to occur in wide China, it is nothing other than the confusion anymore.
B) The zero eight charter is writing as follows. “(We) establish the nation-owned asset management committee which owe responsibility to the highest public opinion agency, and expand legally the reform of the property’s rights by deciding the order, and clarify the attribution destination of property rights and a person in charge.” This is not enough. It is necessary to make the strict penalty regulation to the bribery and corruption. It is necessary to organize the buying and selling chase committee and the watching ethics committee against the above committees. Moreover it is necessary to give the measures that each committee has the authority which can prohibit buying and selling and the resale. Nonetheless, scholar and policy proposal person who speak as spokesman of broker or foreign capital that want to acquire profit by buying and selling the land will be always emerging. The discussion that must be including until its economic effect and it is necessary to perform thoroughly.
C. The words of conclusion
- The socialism of China has ended. From now, the people of China will head for the reform of the political system which is the residuum of the socialism. And, the reformers will be going ahead by putting the construction of the society which is raising higher the flag of public, humanism, liberalism in their beliefs that base of their own acts impregnably. Their beliefs are identical to the beliefs of our liberalism nations. And China will achieve further growth.